Sunday 17 January 2016

Code Building

GNU Units

The first software I will be compiling is the GNU Units and it uses the GNU License. After I installed the file through FTP and unzipped and untar I found there was no makefile at all in the directory. I wasn't sure what the issue was:










I thought maybe I had to do ./install-sh but was perplexed why it wouldn't work(I assume that should have at least done something as it was an executable.) I had then noticed the INSTALL readme file and opened it up to see what to do.

After reading through the documentation everything had work and I was able to run units correctly. The configuration and make both took very quickly, less than a few seconds even though the documentation said otherwise.

LUA

The next software I installed and complied is Lua and it uses the MIT License. The installation method was easier as the make file was already inside the directory. The compiling had some issues.


After googling the fatal error issue I discovered the problem was that I had to install the readline development library. After doing so, the project was able to install correctly.


No comments:

Post a Comment